Hello and welcome back! I hope you enjoyed your weekend and are ready to tackle what is in store for this week. Before I tell what my activities included today, there is some news that I have to relay concerning next week. Next Monday is Labor Day, therefor the school will be closed and no classes scheduled. This means there will be no blog post next Monday either, but do not worry: there will be a blog post that will make up for it. I am currently thinking next Thursday is when to expect it. That is it regarding any updates, but I will be sure to report any changes in the near future. Ms. Rubin was the one who informed of this when I clocked in, but here is the rest of my time today.
I started today’s work by finishing the processing of newspaper clippings and Ms. Rubin informed me of the duplexity function of the printer and I gave it a try. I was not too impressed by the results, so I scrapped using it. After an hour or so, I finished the clippings. I asked about processing the posters, but Ms. Rubin said that she wanted me and another intern to be taught at the same time by Chris, who is in charge of such things. It would have to wait another time. There is a bit of good news: Ms. Rubin put in an order for 4″x6″ sleeves, so hopefully I will be able to truly finish processing the photographs.
At this point, I was deciding what I should do with my time. I eventually settled on resorting through the ephemera (ticket stubs, parking passes, etc.) of O’Shaughnessy’s collection. There was the folder which I had sorted last week, a folder that had pocket game schedules, and a folder that more tickets and such that I did not sort at all. The latter was what I tackled first and I sorted through it chronologically. Eventually, I was ready to move on to phase two.
Phase Two included regulating through all the ephemera and putting them into little 8″x12″ envelopes chronologically. I was about go through O’Shaughnessy’s 1990 materials when I was running out of envelopes. Luckily, Ms. Rubin was there and came back with more and suggested that try combining years that had little materials. I did that for all but the late 1980s, where the bulk of O’Shaughnessy’s activities were. It did save folders and space, so it was a good idea. I soon done with that activity, but Ms. Rubin had one more activity before the end of the day.
Ms. Rubin had me sign in to one of the office computers. I was told I had got approval to do so on Friday. After logging in, I went down the labyrinth of folders that lead to the staff folder and I was told to create a folder and that concluded all of Ms. Rubin’s tasks that she has all interns do. The folder will be there when I need it in the future. I am sure I will be needing it soon.
That is it for today. Please remember to check back tomorrow and I will have the next post up around this time. Until then, please have a wonderful day and stay safe. Bye!